To apply for an exemption from the Takeover Provisions as contemplated in section 119(6) of the Act. Parties must submit the following documents to the Panel:
- An application letter, the application letter should detail how the company is a regulated company in terms of section 118 of the Act. The application letter should detail the affected transaction/s the applicant is requesting to be exempted from complying with the Takeover Provisions, the parties that are seeking the exemption. Lastly, the application letter should detail the merits on which the parties believe they should be exempted from complying with the Takeover Provisions.
- The signed agreements governing the affected transaction/s.
- Where applicable the board resolution and shareholder resolution signed by all shareholders.
- The share register of the regulated company applying for the exemption.
- The shareholder waivers signed by all shareholders waiving their rights under the Takeover Provisions.