WELCOME TO THE PANEL
The Takeover Regulation Panel (the Panel) is established in terms of section 196 of the Companies Act No 71 of 2008 (the Act) as a juristic person. The Panel reports to the Minister of Trade and Industry.
It function as an organ of state within the public administration, but as an institution outside the public service.
FUNCTIONS OF THE PANEL
To regulate affected transactions or offers set in part B and C of chapter 5 of the Act that involve regulated companies.
Regulated companies are:
- a profit company which is a public company;
- a state owned company; and
POWERS OF THE PANEL
- May require filing for approval of any document in respect of an affected transactions or offers;
- May issue a compliance certificate or an exemption if it is satisfied that the transaction has met the requirements set in the Act; and
- May initiate or receive complaints…