The Panel must protect shareholders during affected transactions and offers by:
- Ensuring integrity of markets and fairness to shareholders during affected transactions;
- Ensuring that the necessary information is provided timely to shareholders to make an informed decision during affected transactions;
- Preventing action by companies intended to impede, defeat or frustrate affected transactions;
- Ensuring that persons undertaking affected transactions are ready, able and willing to implement the transaction;
- Ensuring that all shareholders are treated equally and equitably during an affected transaction;
- Ensuring that all shareholders receive the same information during an affected transaction, and that no relevant information is withheld to shareholders;
- Ensuring that shareholders are provided sufficient information, and permitted sufficient time to enable them to reach a properly informed decision about an affected transactions.